maandag 1 november 2010

Gerry Read



I'm so glad that today I received a promo from one of my favorite music labels. Dark Arx only has 2 EP's on the street. But the quality is so astonishing good that the label stays on your mind anyway. Quality over quantity really should be their moto.

Well, good news. They now come with their 3th EP this year. The artist behind the EP is 'Gerry Read', he is new signed to Dark Arx. What immediatly got my attention is the fact that his influences are very close to what I call my favorite music.(James Blake, Actress, Martyn)

With that in my mind I couldn't wait to hear the tracks.(EP contains 3 tracks)

The first track is titled "Patterns", song is really what I expected from someone who says James Blake and Actress are some of his influences. The song is put together incredibly well. Combining some very energetic synths with a nice atmoshphere.

The track "Dreamer" is much deeper, that's probably one of the reasons he called it "Dreamer". This track has some sort of insanly good crunchy dub pattern that makes it very hard for me not to constantly keep playing the song. And I mean constantly.

Finally, you have "Climb". This track somewhat reminded me of Burial and that's about the biggest compliment I can give any artist. It's just the subtile vocal underneath that coat of ambient that makes the picture. This is my favorite one on the EP.

Conclusion is that this might be one of the biggest EP's I have heard in 2010. EP release date is 22 November. So we need some more patience, but it will be so worth it. Big up to Gerry Read, from who we will hear alot more in the future, no doubt.



(For some reason I can't link the soundcloud, so you'll need to copy and paste the link)
TEASER;
http://soundcloud.com/darkarxrecordings/sets/patterns-ep-gerry-read-1




Buy other 2 EP's here, 22 November the 'Patterns Ep' will be available here too: http://www.boomkat.com/labels/?id=6556

Dark Arx Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/darkarx

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten